Valhalla Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

¡ǝllǝɹʌɐƃ uʍop-ǝpısdn ɯ,ı 'lɐlɹɐɥɐʍɐɾ

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
banjo999
Admin
banjo999

Character Info
Health:
Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) Left_bar_bleue30/30Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)

Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) Empty
PostSubject: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 20th 2010, 6:45 pm

I would like to discuss a number of playlist-related topics in this topic.

1) The ability to vote for deletion- This is stupid, in my opinion. If there's a song on there we don't like, we can skip it, unless:
-the song is extremely offensive
-none of the members like the song at all
-the song is just plain stupid

2) NEW ANNOUNCEMENT!!! I am considering having a limit of the number of songs by one artist, especially due to the abuse of Ozzy Osbourne songs by a certain someone. I'm thinking around 5 to 8-ish, and I really like this idea, so please vote on how many songs one artist should get on the playlist. We will then discuss which songs will be deleted if an artist exceeds the limit.

3) Actually, that's pretty much it. The major topic for discussion is the limitation by artists.

Since double-posting is bad, I will go ahead and type up my plan here. The songs in red are the ones that should be deleted in my opinion (assuming the limit will be 10):

You know, something like that.
Back to top Go down
https://valhallachat.forumotion.com
Jack

Character Info
Health:
Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) Left_bar_bleue30/30Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 20th 2010, 9:11 pm

1) I would suggest an appeal system. If a song fits any of those categories, the person may appeal it in a thread known as "Playlist Appeals." A person would second the appeal, and it would go to The Green Team (aka Representatives) + Admin. They discuss the songs appealed at occasional intervals, and if the result is unanimous, the song goes away.
2) Let's go with a maximum of 3 songs by an artist for the first person to request. Up to 4 additional songs may be added by other members, with each member being alloted a maximum of 2 other songs by that artist. This allows artists that are popular with all of Valhalla to be given the most representation. (It also keeps spamming to a minimum.)
3) Alrighty.
Back to top Go down
banjo999
Admin
banjo999

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 21st 2010, 11:58 am

Alrighty, then.

I still say we shouldn't delete songs unless they're highly offensive, or something.

As for the song limitation thing, it's a good idea, but I'm not so sure about it. IF we end up doing that, I think it would be better for the original requester to get 5 songs, then 5 more songs can be added by others.

My preferred scenario at the moment:
-Songs may only be deleted if someone declares it offensive, then the Reps and Admin will decide on the deletion, based on the person's reasoning
-Each artist may have a limit of eight songs altogether, and may be suggested by anyone. If the limit is reached and another song is suggested by the same artist, we will vote on which song should be removed.
Back to top Go down
Jack

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 21st 2010, 12:14 pm

On the second part of your scenario:

Let's do 3 per artist per person. It's fair, and artists who are popular with the group get more representation. (e.g. If 3 people like Jordan Sparks, up to 9 songs may be added by her. If one of those people finds a different song by her, they must replace.)
Back to top Go down
banjo999
Admin
banjo999

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 21st 2010, 1:01 pm

I still don't like it.
let's get someone else to vote on it.
Back to top Go down
Cyeaek
Admin
Cyeaek

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 21st 2010, 8:19 pm

I like the just 8 per thing, as it sounds a lot less fluctuating and easier to do
Back to top Go down
banjo999
Admin
banjo999

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 21st 2010, 8:28 pm

That's exactly what I'm trying to say. Alright, we'll make this official next week.
Back to top Go down
Cyeaek
Admin
Cyeaek

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 21st 2010, 8:38 pm

Do that.
Back to top Go down
ramen_soup_VI

ramen_soup_VI

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 3:06 pm

Yeah, I have to say, I do like the eight a bit better. I understand Jack's system, but I think it would be a bit simpler this way. OR...we could combine the two. Maybe each artist has a max of eight, but for example, if there are already eight Disturbed songs on there, and Joe comes along and wants to put on a few more, we could swap them out. So Joe and onehalfap could decide on which Disturbed songs they wanna keep and send their decisions on which ones to swap out to the Suggestion Box. Sound good?
Back to top Go down
Cyeaek
Admin
Cyeaek

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 3:07 pm

That would work even better
Back to top Go down
banjo999
Admin
banjo999

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 3:50 pm

Didn't I JUST say that?:

banjo999 wrote:
If the limit is reached and another song is suggested by the same artist, we will vote on which song should be removed.

That was literally my second most recent post in this topic.
Back to top Go down
Cyeaek
Admin
Cyeaek

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 3:52 pm

Yeah, except they are storing a list of deleted songs somewhere on the forum
Back to top Go down
ramen_soup_VI

ramen_soup_VI

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 4:05 pm

Oh. Sorry. Must have missed that bit.
Back to top Go down
Cyeaek
Admin
Cyeaek

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 4:17 pm

Hey, you didn't lose much money in Banjo's robbing reform
Back to top Go down
banjo999
Admin
banjo999

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 4:34 pm

He posted in the RPGs.
Back to top Go down
Cyeaek
Admin
Cyeaek

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 5:06 pm

Still, you reduced money to 50
Back to top Go down
banjo999
Admin
banjo999

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 5:16 pm

His was lower than fifty at the time, so it stayed the same.
Back to top Go down
Cyeaek
Admin
Cyeaek

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 5:41 pm

Oh, well that makes sense
Back to top Go down
ramen_soup_VI

ramen_soup_VI

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 8:25 pm

Yeah...my recent participation gave me OVER 100 POSTS!!!!!! I'm posting more since the Comatose of ICS (hehehe, badly veiled best Skillet album reference). So yeah.
Back to top Go down
Cyeaek
Admin
Cyeaek

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 8:49 pm

Please post in games!!!!
Back to top Go down
banjo999
Admin
banjo999

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 9:09 pm

Comatose is the one where Mr. Cooper is saying cutters are bad, right?
Back to top Go down
ramen_soup_VI

ramen_soup_VI

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 9:19 pm

Uhhh, not that cutters are bad, but that God is there for them and will provide for their every need as long as they come to him.

The song "Whispers in the Dark" has a related message, but more with people just being afraid than emo.

Comatose was the album just before "Awake", and from what I've heard, most people think its the best. I haven't heard the whole thing, though.
Back to top Go down
banjo999
Admin
banjo999

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyFebruary 28th 2010, 5:06 pm

I would like to inform the forum members that playlist songs are permitted to be at an R-rated level. Listener discretion is advised. Reps, don't ruin good songs like Down with the Sickness.
Back to top Go down
ramen_soup_VI

ramen_soup_VI

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyMarch 2nd 2010, 3:34 pm

What do you mean, "ruin"? I remember singing that song on Rock Band with Joe playing guitar last year...ah, good times.
Back to top Go down
banjo999
Admin
banjo999

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyMarch 2nd 2010, 4:10 pm

It bleeped out half the words.
Back to top Go down
Cyeaek
Admin
Cyeaek

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyMarch 2nd 2010, 6:04 pm

That's bad.

I see ramen is posting again
Back to top Go down
ramen_soup_VI

ramen_soup_VI

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyMarch 3rd 2010, 2:51 pm

Ah, I see. Did the forum censor it, or did someone on the forum censor it, or did you find a censored version, or what?
Back to top Go down
banjo999
Admin
banjo999

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyMarch 3rd 2010, 3:05 pm

Cyeaek replaced it with a censored version.
Back to top Go down
ramen_soup_VI

ramen_soup_VI

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyMarch 3rd 2010, 3:34 pm

Ah. So, did we ever decide on the plan of action for the playlist?
Back to top Go down
banjo999
Admin
banjo999

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyMarch 3rd 2010, 3:53 pm

We did. Guess what!?

I'm talking to my girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
Cyeaek
Admin
Cyeaek

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyMarch 3rd 2010, 5:02 pm

HOLD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T EVEN HAVE A PLAYLIST ACCOUNT!!!!! That wasn't me that censored it!!!!!!!! It has to be either someone else you gave the powers to OR a hacker, NOT ME.
Back to top Go down
banjo999
Admin
banjo999

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyMarch 3rd 2010, 5:23 pm

Maybe it was changed at the original link.

EDIT:

The official major changes are as follows:

-Each band/artist gets a maximum of 5 songs. Even if it's a song like one by both Disturbed AND Korn, it counts as one towards both of them.
-Each user on the Forums gets to choose one band as a favorite. A band you have favorited can have up to 8 songs. For instance, it would have been that Ozzy could only have 5 songs, but I have favorited him and he may now have 8.

Please feel free to post the one you've chosen as your favorite here.
Back to top Go down
Cyeaek
Admin
Cyeaek

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyMarch 3rd 2010, 9:10 pm

Well, if it matters, I favorite Johnathan Coultan, but I think he only has 4 or 5 songs on there anyways, but whatever
Back to top Go down
banjo999
Admin
banjo999

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 5:52 am

You can add more songs by him if you want. If not, you can favorite another band you like just to add more songs you want by him/her/them.
Back to top Go down
ramen_soup_VI

ramen_soup_VI

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 3:11 pm

I assume "Julie" is your woman you're taking to the snowball thingymabob?

Anyways, what if two people favorite the same band/artist? Not saying I will, but do we have a plan for that? Or if its already been favorited, does someone pick a different one? Also, I didn't really get this part...
banjo999 wrote:

-Each band/artist gets a maximum of 5 songs. Even if it's a song like one by both Disturbed AND Korn, it counts as one towards both of them.

Does that apply to songs with the same title (e.g. there are a few songs out there titled "Hero"), or a song made by two bands as a joint effort?

Skillet is my new favorite band. If you couldn't guess.
Back to top Go down
banjo999
Admin
banjo999

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 3:57 pm

No, same-name songs do not apply to the rule.

If your favorite band is favorited, you're lucky, because you can choose your second favorite band and they both get eight songs.
Back to top Go down
ramen_soup_VI

ramen_soup_VI

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 2:59 pm

Ah. Okay, thanks for clearin that up.
Back to top Go down
banjo999
Admin
banjo999

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 3:46 pm

No problem. I hope everyone read the update (The new one posted Thursday) about the Discarded Topics Forum.
Back to top Go down
Cyeaek
Admin
Cyeaek

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 7:00 pm

I did.
Back to top Go down
banjo999
Admin
banjo999

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 7:59 pm

Great. Now you're updated.
Back to top Go down
ramen_soup_VI

ramen_soup_VI

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyMarch 6th 2010, 11:28 am

Me too.
Back to top Go down
banjo999
Admin
banjo999

Character Info
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) EmptyMarch 6th 2010, 11:43 am

Fantastic.

EDIT:

The playlist now has 92 songs after my bombardment. Favorites:

banjo- Ozzy Osbourne
dalek- Johnathan Coulton
ramen- Skillet
AP- Three Days Grace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)   Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum) Empty

Back to top Go down

Playlist Debates (Also in Debates Forum)
Page 1 of 1